The doctrinal basis of the Newcastle Chinese Christian Fellowship shall be the fundamental truth of Christianity as stated in the historic creeds of the faith: namely, the Nicene, Apostles and Athanasian creeds.
Specifically, we also accept and believe:
- The divine inspiration and infallibility of Holy Scripture as originally given and its supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- God in Unity and Trinity: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- The universal sinfulness and guilt of human nature since the Fall, rendering man subject to God's just wrath and condemnation.
- Redemption from the guilt, penalty and power of sin only through the sacrificial death (as our Representative and Substitute) of Jesus Christ, the Incarnate Son of God.
- The resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead and his ascension into heaven.
- The necessity of the work of the Holy Spirit to make the death of Christ effective to the individual sinner, granting him repentance towards God and faith in Jesus Christ.
- The indwelling and work of the Holy Spirit in the believer.
- The one Holy Universal Church which is the Body of Christ, and to which all true believers belong: which is not identified exclusively with any one denomination.
- The expectation of the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.