Welcome to the NCCF
What do you believe?
The doctrinal basis of the Newcastle Chinese Christian Fellowship shall be the fundamental truth of Christianity as stated in the historic creeds of the faith: namely, the Nicene, Apostles and Athanasian creeds.
Specifically, we also accept and believe:
- The divine inspiration and infallibility of Holy Scripture as originally given and its supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- God in Unity and Trinity: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- The universal sinfulness and guilt of human nature since the Fall, rendering man subject to God's just wrath and condemnation.
- Redemption from the guilt, penalty and power of sin only through the sacrificial death (as our Representative and Substitute) of Jesus Christ, the Incarnate Son of God.
- The resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead and his ascension into heaven.
- The necessity of the work of the Holy Spirit to make the death of Christ effective to the individual sinner, granting him repentance towards God and faith in Jesus Christ.
- The indwelling and work of the Holy Spirit in the believer.
- The one Holy Universal Church which is the Body of Christ, and to which all true believers belong: which is not identified exclusively with any one denomination.
- The expectation of the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.