House of Prayer
We have a House of Prayer every fortnight. It takes place at NCCF office at 1:15pm-1:45pm on Wednesday bi-weekly.
If you have any queries regarding the House of Prayer, please do not hesitate to contact us .
NCCF WEDNESDAY HOUSE OF PRAYER
- Our Simple Goal - To become a House of Prayer as an office, a Fellowship and individual.
- Our Aim - To see the Kingdom of God come in power through His blessings, upon the students of the two universities and our members.
- Our Strategy:
- Prayerfully select a number of our friends (e.g. 3) who still haven’t committed to Jesus.
- Prayerfully select a number of our members (e.g. 2) whether you are aware of any needs they have or not.
- Plan to pray for them 5 minutes a day in total, 5 days a week, for 5 weeks, and then review our experience.
- Our Preparation:
- Make a commitment that we will personally learn to become a house of prayer. (Luke 11:1)
- Make a commitment that, with the help of the Holy Spirit, we will seek to live a clean life. (Psalm 51:10)
- Ask the Holy Spirit to bless our office, the meeting hall and the surrounding areas of St James URC with God’s Presence.
- To come 5 minutes before the scheduled beginning of prayer as possible.
- To invite fellow members with an open heart to join in.
- Our Pattern in the meeting:
- Seek God’s manifest presence in our midst.
- Intercede for the NCCF, our meetings and our meeting places using the Lord’s Prayer.
- Ask God to bless our people and our friends over the following areas:
- Spiritual - salvation, faith and grace
- Physical - health, protection and strength
- Labour - work, study and ministry
- Emotions - joy, peace and hope
- Social - love, friendship and family
- Pray collectively over the 5 people each has selected.
- Ask God to raise up more pray-ers.
- Speak blessings over each other.